Universeal Brick-Seal Brick Sealer
WATER & DAMP PROTECTION
||Sprayer / Roller / Brush
||Safety Data Sheet
||Technical Application Guide
RENDER, MASONRY & BRICK SEALER
Universeal Brick-Seal is a water based, siliconate resin emulsion. Brick-Seal serves as a high-quality, general-purpose treatment to impart excellent water repellency and stain resistance to many external concrete, natural stone and masonry surfaces.
Universeal Brick-Seal significantly reduces the capillary water absorption of treated surfaces, whilst it is a high performance brick sealer, it doesn’t clog the pores or capillaries; allowing the surface material the ability to “breathe” and transfer moisture vapour.
- Rapid development of excellent water repellency
- Significantly reduces efflorescence, moss and algae growth
- Reduced water ingress and surface dampness
- Long lasting protection
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Due to the nature of this product, it is very important to avoid skin and eye contact, and to not inhale any mist/vapour. ALWAYS WEAR APPROPRIATE PPE DURING APPLICATION.
- Before application the surface must be completely clean and dry. Application methods include a low pressure sprayer, roller, natural fibre brush or sponge.
- Apply Brick-Seal, to saturation, two coats “wet on wet” are needed to ensure complete coverage. DO NOT DILUTE. Surface dry after 45-60 minutes. If rain is forecast or starts, then stop treatment immediately and cover the freshly impregnated areas, the surface is required to stay completely dry for the first 6 hours after application. Allow 24 hours curing time for the product to achieve best performance.
Always try product in an inconspicuous area on-site prior to use. Surfaces which are not to be sealed should be protected with masking material. Any overspray or spills must be rinsed with clean water to avoid white spots / staining. If white spots appear, do not allow to dry; quickly wash down the affected area with clean water and agitate with a stiff brush.
We recommend you clean sealed areas with No More Algae Cleaner, our safe & environmentally sensible cleaner. Do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents as this can have a negative effect on the treated surface.
5-10m2 per litre per coat
Dependant on porosity of surface. Check the surface after application to ensure full effectiveness of repellent.
Product shelf life is 12 months from production date (shown on cap) when unopened and stored at room temperature. After opening, use within 3 months.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.
Wear protective gloves, eye-wear and face mask where needed.
IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Product SDS sheet available to download from the downloads tab.