Universeal Slate Sealer
||Mop / Cloth / Brush
||Safety Data Sheet
||Technical Application Guide
Hard-wearing Surface Coating
Universeal Slate Sealer is a water-based satin finish top coat protective sealer that creates a durable, crystal clear satin finish. Suitable for internal and external use on slate and other types of textured stone surfaces.
Universeal Slate Sealer is quick drying and easy to apply and will protect the applied surface against oil and water-based stains. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON HIGHLY POLISHED STONE & CERAMIC GLAZED SURFACES.
- Hard Wearing Satin Finish
- Intensifies Natural Colours
- High Quality Stain Protection
- Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Suitable for internal and external applications
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Before application make sure the surface is completely dry, clean and free from debris.
- Apply the product thinly and evenly with a low pressure sprayer and microfibre mop, paint brush or soft cloth, taking care not to leave application marks or allowing the product to puddle on the surface.
- Allow 45-60 minutes drying time before applying the second coat, repeating the same process apply the product in the opposite direction to help to achieve an even consistent finish. If necessary more coats can be applied to achieve the desired finish.
Application Temperature: the temperature of the surface should be between 5°C and 25°C. Switch off under floor heating prior to application.
Drying Time: Light foot traffic after approx 45-60 minutes, completely dry / cured after 48 hours. Avoid cleaning and spillages for 48 hours after application.
Surfaces which are not to be sealed must be protected with masking material. Always test product in an inconspicuous area to determine suitability for intended use.
Clean treated areas with Universeal Easy Clean, do not use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents as this can have a negative effect on the treated surface.
Up to 25m2 per litre per coat.
Depending on texture and porosity of surface.
Product shelf life is 12 months from production date (shown on cap) when unopened and stored at room temperature. After opening, use within 3 months.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
H302: Harmful if swallowed.
H319: Causes serious eye irritation.
P102: Keep out of reach of children.
P233: Keep container tightly closed.
P262: Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.
P264: Wash skin thoroughly after handling.
P301+330+331: IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
P302+350: IF ON SKIN: Gently wash with plenty of soap and water.
P305+351+338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P333+313: If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice.
Product SDS sheet available to download from the downloads tab.