Universeal Feel Safe
||Sponge / Mop / Brush
||Safety Data Sheet
||Technical Application Guide
Permanent Anti-slip Floor Treatment
Use as an anti-slip coating for tiles that are Ceramic, Porcelain, Natural Stone Floors & Showers and more
Universeal Feel Safe permanent anti-slip floor treatment uses mild acid solutions to microscopically treat ceramics, porcelain and natural stone to greatly improve slip-resistance on wet floor areas. Universeal Feel Safe anti-slip treatment should not be used on vinyl, linoleum, wood, metal or coated surfaces.
- Suitable to use on non-acid sensitive surfaces
- Easy to apply
- Fast-acting formula
- Internal & external use
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Learn how to how to make ceramic tiles non-slip, porcelain, showers, bathrooms, kitchens, and other surfaces with these short instructions.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- Make sure surface is free from dirt, grease and oil. Always first test Universeal Feel Safe anti-slip treatment in a small inconspicuous area to determine suitability for intended use and to check required dwell time (3-10 minutes). Suitability for a particular purpose is always the responsibility of the user. Once the test patch has been completed, apply Universeal Feel Safe anti-slip treatment onto the area to be treated, in small sections. This can be done with a mop, sponge or dry cloth. Let the product dwell only for the duration determined during the test phase.
- When each area is completed, thoroughly rinse clean with water and then move onto the next area to be treated. DO NOT LET SOLUTION DRY ON SURFACE. Maximum slip-resistance is attained within 3-10 minutes depending on varying hard mineral surface material.
- Action time guidance:
- 3-10 mins: Ceramic / Porcelain tiles, shower trays & baths
- 5-10 mins: Natural Stone & Masonry.
- A test patch must be completed prior to use to determine action time (dwell period) required, as the above times are only a guidance.
Always protect areas not to be treated, Universeal Feel Safe anti-slip treatment can cause damage if accidentally spilt or applied on to sensitive surfaces, i.e. metals, painted surfaces, woods, glazed surfaces etc. Poor or inconsistent application may result in permanent surface damage to the applied tiles. This product may lighten or dull the look of the applied surface. It is imperative that a small test is completed to determine product suitability and correct application process to achieve desired anti-slip results.
Highly effective anti-slip treatment
Universeal will not accept any responsibility for misuse of this product. When properly applied and maintained treated floors will have a slip coefficient exceeding slip-fall safety standards:
|Introducing a revolutionary treatment system that has been independently tested by a leading laboratory to confirm that FEEL SAFE anti-slip treatment effectively increases slip resistance of most hard surfaces including marble, terrazzo, ceramic, glazed tiles and enamel baths in both dry and wet conditions.Independent tests show that FEEL SAFE improves slip resistance on many surfaces when wet, (tests carried out to BS7976-2 : 2002)
||Increase in Slip Resistance (%)
||167% ( i.e. – 2.67 times safer)
|Other suitable surfaces include porcelain, concrete and quarry tile. Not suitable for use on wood, plastic floors or painted surfaces.
“Permanent” anti-slip treatment
Feel-safe anti-slip must be applied as per the directions of use and a regular maintenance regime must be upheld to keep the etched surface clean and to ensure long-term non-slip qualities. The anti-slip finish will be affected by build ups of organic matter, grime and debris as these clog the micro-etched surface if left in place. Additionally, certain stone types may be more susceptible to wear and tear; always verify to ensure the surface or tread of the applied tiles has not worn as this will affect the micro-etching and a top-up treatment may be required in heavy traffic areas.
Up to 15m2 per litre.
DO NOT DILUTE. Must be used neat.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS
H314: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
P102: Keep out of reach of children.
P264: Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
P280: Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P305+351+338: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several
minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P321: Specific treatment (see instructions on this label).
P405: Store locked up.
Product SDS sheet available to download from the downloads tab.