Universeal Wet Look Sealer
High Gloss & Colour finish
|Up to a maximum of 25m2 per litre per coat
Coverage offered as guidance. Will vary depending on surface porosity, texture and application process.
|Sponge / Sprayer / Brush
|Technical Application Guide
2 in 1 sealer for natural stone surfaces
Universeal ULTRA Wet Look Sealer is our ultimate 2-in-1 impregnating formula to boost natural colours & hues and impart a very strong ‘wet look’ glossy effect.
Universeal’s ULTRA Wet Look Sealer 100% active, low-odour solvent-based sealer offers ultimate protection from staining and soiling whilst offering a greatly enhanced colour boost effect. 2 coats will yield an intense wet look finish that brings out the stone’s natural hues. Suitable for new patios and also restores faded paving. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON NON-POROUS, GLAZED SURFACES SUCH AS CERAMIC OR PORCELAIN TILES.
If you are looking to achieve a less shiny, more darkened “water saturated with bold colour” look, you should consider our advanced water-based impregnating formula, Patio Stone Sealer Wet Look Finish.
- Ultimate 2-in-1 sealing power with 100% active low odour solvent breathable formulation – imparts strong water and stain repellency
- Suitable for indoor & outdoor uses, including patios, driveways, paths, garages, cladding, façades, floors, worktops, kitchens and more
- Minimum 5-Year Performance Guarantee
- 1st coat for high intense colour enhancement, 2nd coat for ultimate wet look and high gloss finish
- Suitable for all types of porous natural stone: slate, limestone, sandstone, black limestone, plus terracotta, quarry tile, brick, concrete, polished concrete, terrazzo and even grouting and pointing
- Low odour 100% breathable solvent formula
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Always perform a test in an inconspicuous area on-site to check the suitability of the product, prior to use – read these instructions fully before application. Before application, the surface must be completely clean and dry.
- To achieve colour enhancement: Apply a thin, even coat with a low-pressure sprayer, paint pad, natural fibre brush or sponge (we do not recommend using a roller as it makes the sealant ‘foam’ and can lead to an inconsistent, overly heavy application). Any excess sealer must be completely removed from the surface within 15-30 minutes to dry to a flat matt finish.
- For ultimate wet look: apply a second coat after 60 minutes, with a thin and even application. Leave to dry on the surface (takes up to 12 hours to dry tack-free). The end result will be a high gloss, high colour-enhanced finish.
- After application, it is important the stone surface is kept totally dry through the curing process (minimum 48 hrs). Please check the floor is tack-free and dry before foot traffic.
Application range: 5°c – 20°c. Areas not to be sealed must be protected with masking materials.
DO NOT OVERAPPLY. The sealer must be applied evenly & thinly. Keep the applied surface area dry for 48hrs to avoid white moisture clouding issues. Please avoid all foot traffic while the sealer is still tacky and drying.
Under typical conditions, colour protection is guaranteed for 5+ years*. A top-up may be required to maintain a gloss finish due to typical footfall and abrasion. Effectiveness and longevity are reliant on correct application and maintenance. *2 coats required for optimal up-to 5-year protection.
Up to 25m2 per litre per coat.
Depending on surface porosity and texture.