NEW PRODUCT ALERT
Universeal Temporary Protective Sealer
Sacrificial coating for External tiling
||Sponge / Roller / Brush
||Safety Data Sheet
||Technical Application Guide
Specialist formula to prevent staining from pigmented grouts and jointing compounds
Universeal Temporary Protective Sealer is a water-based temporary protection for natural stone and porcelain paving, protects surfaces against discolouration and residues when using cement based pigmented polymerised grouts or pointing systems.
This sacrificial protective coating can be easily removed by washing-off after the completion of grouting or pointing. Temporary Protective Sealer is essential to use when working with modern slurry or brush in pointing paving mortars. When applied correctly it will offer 100% protection against cement residues, pigment and polymer staining.
- Water-based temporary protection for porcelain and natural stone paving
- 100% protection against cement residues and polymer staining
- Protects surface against discolouration when using pigmented grouts
- Sealer is removed by washing off process after grouting
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Always ensure you have adequate PPE and suitable protective clothing. All application tools can be washed with warm clean water after use and before drying.
- Ensure paving surfaces are clean, dry and free from contamination.
- Shake container well before use.
- Apply the Temporary Protective Sealer thoroughly with roller, brush, sponge or micro fibre cloth.
- Rub well into the surface but avoid application to un-grouted joints.
- Allow 15-20 minutes for first coat to surface dry before applying the second application.
- Apply the second application in the same way as the first, allow to dry for a minimum 1 hour, (longer in cold temperatures) before proceeding with the application of the grout or pointing system.
- During washing-off process, Temporary Protective Sealer will be removed. Any residual can be removed with clean water after the grouting or pointing has set.
Do not use in temperatures below 5°C or in damp conditions. Use undiluted, apply before grouting or pointing begins.
Cover areas not to be treated with suitable protective materials. Apply between 5° C and 20° C.
Approximately 10-12m2 per litre for 2 coat application.